Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
COPENHAGEN - Chinese company Geely began test runs of green e-methanol vehicles in the Danish port of Aalborg on Monday. The two sedans and heavy truck run on e-methanol produced by Power to X (PtX) solution, a sustainable, carbon neutral, renewable fuel.
Denmark wants to promote this type of fuel as it provides a solution for storing excess renewable power and stabilizing the country's power grid. Danish Minister for Transport Trine Bramsen, who took part in the test runs of the vehicles on Monday, called for more support for these technologies.
"This is not about one single country, it is about the future of the whole world," Bramsen told Xinhua.
"So I think it's important that we have strong cooperation and share knowledge in this field. This is not about ourselves, it's about our children and our grandchildren."
Meanwhile, Geely said that the aim of its collaboration with Denmark is the promotion of green e-methanol and green mobility in Europe.
The port of Aalborg is set to invest 2 billion Danish kroner ($300 million) in green transportation, the port's chairman Lasse Frimand Jensen told Xinhua.
Recently, the Danish government announced a broad agreement on Power-to-X energy production that includes a government tender of 1.25 billion Danish kroner ($184 million).
Denmark is leading in wind and solar renewable energy production. However, the challenge of such energies is that they are weather-dependent.
The use of green methanol for commercial shipping has already been pioneered by Danish shipping giant Maersk.
Denmark has also established a strong infrastructure for the production, storage, and transport of methanol fuel.
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-?end Report January-?December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021