SANY Kept Driving Construction Machinery Towards Electrification
In 2020, Sany Group signed a strategic partnership agreement in Fujian with CATL to deepen their partnership on driving construction machinery towards electrification. CATL is a company specialized in developing innovative new energy technologies in China, providing solutions and services for new energy applications worldwide.
According to the agreement, both parties would leverage their respective advantages to jointly accelerate the development of new energy products for concrete machinery, mining machinery, port machinery, lifting machinery, excavators and heavy trucks.
Prior to the signing of this agreement, SANY and CATL had already deployed China’s first batch of purely electric port tractors in the city of Xiamen, a coastal city in southeast China, with the aim of creating a smarter and greener port. In addition, the electric mixers and electric dump trucks jointly launched by both sides have been been put into operation at large scale in many areas in China.
For CATL, this agreement would help adapt its power cell technology into a new sector, the heavy machinery industry. And for the heavy machinery industry, this new technology signals the arrival of the next wave of revolution.
This wave has swept across SANY’s entire product range.
Excavators are one of SANY's most important businesses, accounting for more than a third ($5.88 billion) of SANY's sales revenue in 2020. In June 2021, the latest SY375IDS model was launched. This medium-sized excavator has new features such as smart weighing, which enables real-time monitoring of the bucket's content weight, and digital operational floor and ceiling limits, which set operational height limits in advance to avoid damage to or from underground pipelines and overhead power lines due to improper operation. In addition, data generated during operation is collected and analysed to describe the user's habits and typical working conditions, and the main pump output can be adjusted accordingly for an appropriate and optimal fuel consumption setting. A posture sensing system and closed-loop PID control on the bucket integrate many motion commands into a single button, further simplifying operation.
Statistics show that the normal operating time of SY375IDS was reduced to 12 seconds per cycle, which is 33% faster than manual operation when all these functions are working.
The call for an electrical era is widely echoed across the industry.
At the end of May this year, the Changsha International Construction Equipment Exhibition (CICEE) was held in Changsha with the theme "The New Smarter Generation of Construction Machinery", where 10% of the equipment on display featured the latest electric or unmanned technology. Xiang Wenbo, CEO of SANY Group, said at the closing ceremony on 31 May that electrification and autonomy are the trend in the whole industry.
The overall trend of electrification in the construction equipment industry was triggered by the increasing maturity and affordability of necessary technologies, as well as the increasingly strict emissions regulations. In addition to the aforementioned advantages, electrification goes far beyond environmental friendliness. Electrical technologies lay the technical foundation for the rise of SANY’s unmanned products, leading into a new era with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online 2022-03-29
- CATL Teams with Sany to Put Battery Swap-enabled Heavy Trucks into Service 2022-03-02
- SANY Inks Deal for Another 500 Electric Trucks 2021-11-30
- SANY Factory Certified as World’s First Lighthouse Factory in Heavy Machinery 2021-11-29
- SANY Announced an Order for 3000 EV Heavy-duty Trucks from SEEKER 2021-09-08
- SANY's First Hydrogen-powered Heavy-duty Trucks Rolled Off the Line 2021-08-11
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland 2021-08-11
- Sany Partners with Deutz to Launch Kingway 435 Truck in China 2020-07-21
- SANY Signs Cooperation with Tencent to Boost Digitalization 2020-07-14
- Sany Join Hands with Deutz to Unveil the Truck Engine 2020-07-06
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- SANY Kept Driving Construction Machinery Towards Electrification
- Daimler Truck Subsidiary Torc Robotics Opens Technology and Development Center
- IVECO, Enel X to Develop e-Mobility for Commercial Vehicles in Europe
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-?end Report January-?December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Top 10 Heavy-duty Dump Truck Sales in March
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January